sendmail, procmail, and damaged 'from ' lines in mbox files

Marc Evans Marc at SoftwareHackery.Com
Wed Apr 2 12:24:32 EST 2003

Add this to the end of your .procmailrc:

	# Work around procmail bug: any output on stderr will cause the "F" in
	"From"
	# to be dropped.  This will re-add it.
	:0 H
	* ! ^From[ ]
	* ^rom[ ]
	{
	  LOG="*** Dropped F off From_ header! Fixing up. "

	  :0 fhw
	  | sed -e 's/^rom /From /'
	}

- Marc