Exchange Replacement

Richard Soule Richard.Soule at oracle.com
Mon Apr 7 14:53:10 EDT 2003

"Kenneth E. Lussier" wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking to combat the suggestion of implimenting an MS Exchange
> server.

[snip]

Oracle has a product called Oracle Collaboration Suite (runs on linux)
that is an Exchange replacement. It does email, calendar, etc. Based on
"standards" so you can use either Netscape or Outbreak as a client. It
of course uses an Oracle database on the backend. We have 42000
employees using a single server (with a hot backup in case something
happens). I think the list price is $60 bucks a user (list on exchange
is $126/user or something like that).  We can do all the support/hosting
(your site or ours, costs extra of course).

It also has integrated voicemail (my voicemail appears in my inbox if I
want and I can read it from there).

The marketing information is below:

http://www.oracle.com/ip/deploy/cs/

http://www.oracle.com/ip/deploy/cs/docs/ms_compete.html