Other *NIX apps

Marc Evans Marc at SoftwareHackery.Com
Wed Apr 16 13:23:33 EDT 2003

Yes, many u*ix do this. You can run SunOS binaries on Linux on SPARC for
example. XFree86 provides an os-independent (though processor dependent)
set of drivers for graphics adapters. FreeBSD provides Linux
compatability through a fairly commonly used syscall mapping mechanism.
And the list goes on.

- Marc