I HATE SPAM (was Re: Mouse swapping on a laptop)

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sun Aug 3 21:45:43 EDT 2003

On Sunday, Aug 3rd 2003 at 19:04 -0400, quoth Derek Doucette:

=>> By making the archive only open to subscribers, we completely eliminate
=>>  any address harvesting.
=>
=>I think that a better solution would be to find a way to strip the e-mail
=>addresses.  I don't know how many times I have found solutions by running
=>a google search and coming up with a solution in a mailing list archive.
=>This is esp. true with linux related materials.

Why is this better than restricting the archives to subscribers? Anyone
who wants to browse the archives can subscribe and do it. At least we're
assured that they won't be a robot.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
steveo at syslang.net