Is Raw Hide Apache RPM stable with RH 9?

Greg Bonnette gbonnett at coe.neu.edu
Mon Aug 18 00:34:28 EDT 2003

My Apache 2.0.40 / RH 9 Web server seems to have been getting DoS'd more
frequently as of late. I thought I had the most recent packages
installed, but it turns out the latest RPM redhat has released was for
2.0.40, and the current release is 2.0.47. I searched rpmfind.net as
usual and found an apache 2.0.47 rpm for the developmental Raw Hide
release. Has anyone upgraded their RH 9 apache packages with this
rawhide rpm? I know my other option is to remove the old package and
install the latest version the old fashioned way, but I like the
convenience of the RPM's. If only up2date was actually up to date.
Thanks

-Greg