CUPS help

Kenneth E. Lussier klussier at sentito.com
Tue Dec 9 09:19:42 EST 2003

Hi All,

I have started playing around with CUPS (finally). I have one small
question about (who wouold have guessed it), Windows clinets. I can
point them to http://server:631/printers/foo and everything works fine.
The problem starts when I enable basic authentication on the CUPS
server. I can add authentication to an existing printer on the Windows
side, but I can't install a new printer because access is denied. Does
anyone know how to specify the username and password as part of the
ipp/http URL?

TIA,
Kenny