Does anyone know of commercial products attaching via VFS?

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Fri Dec 12 12:52:42 EST 2003

Bill Freeman writes:

>     Has anyone heard of commercial products (alternate filesystems)
> that attach through the VFS switch?  Linux or other *nix?  I'm
> pretty sure that ClearCase works this way.  Can anyone confirm
> this?  Anything else?

I think that you are correct that MVFS goes through the VFS switch.
MVFS (on Unix-platforms) also has a dependence on NFS (there seems to
be a similar dependence on CIFS on Windows platforms).

As for alternate filesystems that use this, perhaps the NetApp
appliances used this technique as well (to implement their value-add
stuff?)?  I don't know.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)