Recommendations for Commercial Backup packages?

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Dec 16 18:58:14 EST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, at 11:05am, p.lussier at comcast.net wrote:
> I've always handled that by splitting the file system up into smaller
> chunks by backing up the subdirectories individually ...

  Yah, yah.  If that would work I'd do that.  :-)  The problem is, this 500
GB data store is all one big collection of constantly evolving data.
There's no easy way to break it down into small pieces.  I suppose I could
craft together some kind of automation that would create backup selection
sets on the fly, each one designed to fill a tape, but man, that would be a
*kludge*, and make restores and tape management a minor nightmare.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>