Creating a CA and using it to sign your own certs?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Wed Feb 19 11:30:19 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a certificate for my SSL-enabled web server.
According to this doc:

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html

You can create your own CA and use that to sign the .csr files to
create a .crt file.  However, they simply mention that you need to

	Prepare a script for signing which is needed because the ``openssl
	ca'' command has some strange requirements and the default OpenSSL
	config doesn't allow one easily to use ``openssl ca'' directly. So a
	script named sign.sh is distributed with the mod_ssl distribution
	(subdir pkg.contrib/). Use this script for signing.

Does anyone have such a script?  I really don't feel like
re-inventing the wheel :)

Thanks,

--

Seeya,