DHCP question

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Fri Feb 21 12:20:04 EST 2003

Does anyone know offhand how many DNS search domains are allowed to be
issued by a DHCP server to the client?

For some reason I seem to think it's only one, but I don't remember
if that was a protocol limitation or a limit with ISC's
implementation.

Also, anyone know if MS ever fixed their DNS resolver to be able to
search more than 2 domains?  At one time you used to be able list a
primary, secondary, then a list of tertiary domains to search, but
their resolve code was broken so that it never searched past the
secondary.  Is this still true?

Thanks,

--

Seeya,