Frees/wan setup problems

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Fri Feb 28 10:27:25 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 10:10, Kenneth E. Lussier wrote:
> So, with the original setup with just the default conn and the
> panam-cole-ss, gateway to gateway works.

Seemingly.  8)

> That's good. Does it work from
> both sides?

Yes.

> That would narrow it down to a routing problem. If you run
> 'tcpdump -n -i any' on both gateways (at the same time) and do a
> traceroute from a machine on the subnet to the private ip address of the
> opposite gateway, do you see anything going out and coming back? Then
> try tracrouting to a machine on the other subnet.

Here's something interesting .... I tried this.  I'm at work at the
moment (192.168.1.x) so I ssh'd into both .1 (gateway) boxes and ran
tcpdump -n -i any.  Then, from my local machine (192.168.1.69) I tried
to ping 192.168.2.1.

The 192.168.1.1 box showed the icmp requests immediately - including the
reply.  Here's where the interesting part comes in - the remote gateway
(192.168.2.1) started showing packets around 10 to 20 seconds *later*?!?

*scratches his head*

--
Failure is NOT an option!
It comes bundled with Windows(TM).