Linux Telephone Systems?

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Sat Jan 4 21:36:37 EST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, at 9:09pm, kurth at usaexpress.net wrote:
> I'd like to have the ability to have the incoming calls use callerid data
> to display customers information when they call.

  Just FYI, the buzzword for that kind of thing is "CTI", for "Computer
Telephony Integration".  It has traditionally been *very* expensive.  I've
seen commercial systems using Linux that do it (see expensive).  I've also
come across references to various Linux projects that claim to be working on
it.  Open Source/Free Software and CTI do seem like an ideal match.

  A Google Linux search for "Computer Telephony Integration" turned up lots
of good links.  The first one was <www.linuxtelephony.org>.  That site does
not appear to be up right now, but Google's cache seems to have much of it
mapped.

  Good luck, and let us know what you find!

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>