Hardware music players (was: Moving files)

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Mon Jan 6 13:40:33 EST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, at 1:34pm, mkomarinski at wayga.org wrote:
> Bah.  If the OGG is at a higher rate than the MP3 (say 192kbps OGG to
> 128kb MP3) then you shouldn't notice anything.

  I find that audio converted from one lossy format to another sounds like
crap.  I am told that is because the lossy compression algorithms depend on
the higher resolution of the original source to work their magic, but for
all I know, it could be because my computer doesn't like me.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>