Wireless weirdness (was: NT Stuff)

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed Jan 15 17:54:37 EST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, at 1:56pm, hewitt_tech at attbi.com wrote:
> They tried and failed to reliably connect to 3 different ISPs with the
> built-in Rockwell/Conexant winmodem.

<RANT SUBJECT="software modems" PRIORITY=obligatory>

  I hate those fscking things.  My usual recommendation on what to do when
you have trouble with a software modem is to bash it up with a hammer and
then burn it.  Those things have no redeeming features what so ever.  They
are very proprietary.  They often cause system instability.  They frequently
don't work at all.  In the cases where they do work, performance usually
suffers.

</RANT>

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>