filtering Flash?

Michael O'Donnell mod+gnhlug at std.com
Mon Jan 20 14:08:00 EST 2003

>The newest sysadmin has an article on filtering banner ads.  I wonder
>if, in place of the regex they use as an example, you could use .swf?
>
>unfortunately, the article isn't available online, but if you don't
>subscribe, I could probably get you a copy of it somehow.

Yes, please - I'd like to see that.  Also, I was griping about this
to a buddy and he cobbled up some sort of CSS magic that's supposed
to prevent the loading/execution of Flash junk from any pages but
those you've specified.  I never deployed it because it was just
easier to lead a Flash-free existence, but maybe I'll dredge it up...