Apache and LDAP questions

Kenneth E. Lussier ken.lussier at zuken.com
Wed Jan 22 10:57:59 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 09:22, pll at lanminds.com wrote:

> I can, however, easily manage a list of user names within the group.
> Is there any way to use LDAP authentication provided the user name
> entered is also a member of group list maintained outside of LDAP ?

Admittedly, I don't know much about LDAP, but what about this... Could
you run your own LDAP server that replicates only selected entries from
the Corp. LDAP server, and append attributes to the entries? Then you
could do the authentication against your LDAP server and not theirs.

C-Ya,
Kenny

"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0