remote copying

Robert Casey rcasey at ll.mit.edu
Wed Jan 22 14:44:02 EST 2003

Good afternoon all,

	can someone tell me the best method to copy files from a auto mounting
home directory, which comes from a Solaris box, to a linux box. I'm
setting up a server on Dell Poweredge 4600 running Linux 7.3 which,
when finished, will be where most if not all of our exports will come
from. Right now we have cross mounting issues because virtually all of
our Suns export a directory - some auto mounting and some through
vfstab entries. I would like to do this copy and keep permissions if
possible. I will start with my own home directory which comes from a
host named g32s2s and copy it to our Dell Linux server and then change
the auto mounting database to reflect those changes.

Bob

Robert Casey
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street