High Speed Internet costs (was: Email hosting)

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed Jan 22 22:09:30 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, at 10:00pm, travis at scootz.net wrote:
> For an EXTREAMLY simple example, if I toss a cat5 cable to my neighbor and
> throw in some cards and a hub after the cost of running the cable and
> buying the cards and the hub what do I have to pay for now if that cable
> doesn't break?

  You guys just don't get it.  That just isn't the way things work in the
real world.  I'm tired of trying to explain it to you.  I've worked in the
industry and budgeted for this stuff and know how much it costs but that
doesn't matter.  You've convinced yourselves that everything is free.
Fine.  Go out and build your free networks and charge people $30/month to
use them and make a gazillion dollars and buy Microsoft.  When you've done
that, I will happily *eat* my modem.  Until then, I'm not holding my breath.

  *click*

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>