remote copying

Andrew W. Gaunt quantum at lucent.com
Thu Jan 23 08:46:36 EST 2003

We have done this many times as servers get
replaced . I use the excellent tool rsync. We've
actually got such a migration in progress now.
I'm moving a server with somewhere arounf
700GB from  a SUN/EMC combo to a linux nfs
server. Using rsync(s) I can copy all data in about
30hours and keep the new box up to date in much
less time.

-Andrew Gaunt