Email hosting (was: ATTBI/Comcast rant)

Michael O'Donnell mod+gnhlug at std.com
Thu Jan 23 11:19:38 EST 2003

>> ... There's no "correction" here ...
>
> Then please explain to me why almost every single
> DSL company has gone out of business.

This is certainly not authoritative but I've heard
that, despite the ruling that ordered the telcos to
allow their competitors (CLECs ?)  access to their
COs, many DSL providers routinely found that access
denied or impeded such that they were obliged to
waste time and money on hiring lawyers and filing
grievances, with the result that many of the smaller
ones (which otherwise had a half-decent chance of
making a go of it) went under.

Didn't the FCC recently announce that the telcos
might no longer be required to provide such access?
Sweet deal!