Red Hat End-of-Life

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Thu Jan 30 11:23:24 EST 2003

We don't have much of a soap-box to stand on by complaining that RH is
stopping their support of old and crufty software. (In some ways, this is good - I
don't have to worry about new versions breaking things that used to work.

And we're not out of luck like we are with proprietary software. (Although, I'll
be the first to admit that software rot seems to set in faster with open source
than with proprietary software).

And besides - RH is creating an excellent market for small entrepreneurs who would
like to provide support for Redhat's "discarded" versions (aka: customers).

--Bruce