What's the best way to automatically swap smart hosts (sendmail)?

Marc Nozell marc at nozell.com
Tue Jul 1 11:40:43 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 11:25:00AM -0400, pll at lanminds.com wrote:

> In a message dated: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:13:05 EDT
> Marc Nozell said:
>
> >I set the smtp host for evolution (kmail, mozilla -mail, etc) to be:
> >localhost:2525 and then use a network-appropriate script to forward
> >the mail across ssh to a properly configured mail server.=20
> >
> >#!/bin/bash
> ># connect-smtp-home
>
> ># connect-smtp-work
>
> ># connect-smtp-work-external
>
> Hmmm, why not combine these all into one script which takes command
> line options of 'home', 'work', and 'work-ext' since they're all
> basically identical?

Mostly because of laziness.

Also I can type:
	connect-sm<tab>
and get a list options.

I also have a bunch of connect-vnc*, connect-squid*, connect-nntp*,
etc scripts.  There are a number of vnc ones --
connect-vnc-home-linux, connect-vnc-home-w2k, connect-vnc-home-w98,
connect-vnc-lab-system1, connect-vnc-lab-system2, etc.

Again they could be consolidated, but not worth the bother.

-marc
--
Marc Nozell <marc at nozell.com>		http://www.nozell.com/blog