What's the best way to automatically swap smart hosts (sendmail)?

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Tue Jul 1 11:56:12 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 11:47:25AM -0400, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, at 9:54am, coutu at snowy-owl.com wrote:
> > Since MV now supports SMTP authentication I think that you have your
> > solution. Use it all the time.
>
>   That will not work for the OP, since he mentions he uses Comcast, and
> Comcast blocks outbound connects to TCP port 25.  You have to use their
> relays.

If you get this message, then they're not blocking evreywhere. ;)

But seriously, I'm starting to run into the "can't send e-mail to AOL because
you're in comcast's network" issue.  Which normally wouldn't bother me,
except now I can't e-mail my mom.  Can I relay through comcast with
my wayga.org domain intact, or do they not allow that?

-Mark