What's the best way to automatically swap smart hosts (sendmail)?

Bill Freeman f at ke1g.mv.com
Tue Jul 1 14:05:46 EDT 2003

pll at lanminds.com writes:

 >   Travis> Since you're going to do some work for this...
 >
 > Maybe once you've figured it all out, you could write a HOWTO type
 > doc for the GNHLUG Wiki :)

	I assume that you meant this for me.  I'll think about it.  I
figure that I'll bastardize network up and down scripts.  I don't see
a reason to load MV's server when I'm connected via Comcast, unless
they stop letting me masquerade my domain (I replied to Mark
Komarinski privately).  Someone else wanting the same may have to
add getting the sendmail daemons (there are now two, you know) to
re-read their configuration files.

	I still may do the stunnel thing for fetching mail from MV.
(I'm not dropping MV for what may be a 6 month affair with Comcast.
We'll see what the price goes upto after that.  For now it's $19.95
per month.)  If so, I suspect that I don't need SMTP AUTH, since I
presume that I'll appear to be inside MV from MV's server's point of
view.

	And thanks to others for the script tips, but I'm looking for
something that is sensitive to the available connectivity without
additional manual intervention.

							Bill