OT from Tokyo

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Tue Jul 1 16:28:20 EDT 2003

mod+gnhlug at std.com (Michael O'Donnell) writes:

> As a few moments spent using any WWW search engine
> would have confirmed, those haikus have been around
> for a long time and are definitely not real error
> Microsoft messages.

Hmm.  If you want real error messages, might I suggest the following:

:$ perl -MCoy -e 'warn "Something bad happened"'
:
:	-----
:	A raven flies west.
:	Two ravens fly. A darting carp.
:	A salmon leaping.
:	-----
:
:		Mumon's commentary...
:
:		Something bad happened
:
:			(Analects of -e: line 1.)

(yes, the messages are different every time)

This is yet another reason why Perl is my favorite programming
language.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)