What's the best way to automatically swap smart hosts (sendmail)?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Jul 2 11:22:27 EDT 2003

Derek Martin wrote:

> [snip]
>
>>  Okay.  Well, AT&T Broadband did.  I don't really know about Comcast, but I
>>figured they would, too.  Silly me.  :-)
>

> AT&T did /not/ filter outgoing port 25.  I ran my mail server off my
> AT&T connection for years until very recently, and know a number of
> other people who did/do too.  Maybe you're confusing them with
> Earthlink, who (at least for their dial-up accounts) does block port
> 25.  Or, didn't Verizon do that too?

I run my own mail server, incoming & outgoing, on attbi/comcast
They don't seem to be doing anything to block it either way (yet).

However, AOL blocks SMTP coming from dynamic blocks such as dialup or
Comcast.  If I want to send email to somone @aol.com, I have to relay
that through comcast's server.  AOL will not accept SMTP from any other
comcast address.