What's the best way to automatically swap smart hosts (sendmail)?

Roger H. Goun roger at bcah.com
Wed Jul 2 18:12:46 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 09:31:28AM -0400, Bill Freeman wrote:
> 	I could fiddle with the RH scripts that are run when the LAN
> connection comes up or goes down to link /etc/mail/sendmail.cf to one
> of two alternatives.  (Or, alternatively, and probably better, swap
> when PPP comes up or goes down, since I may have an ethernet
> connection to a non-internet-routed LAN at times.)

No need to fiddle with the existing RH scripts. There are hooks in
them (at least in RHL 7.3) to call out to local config scripts if they
exist. These are named /sbin/ifup-pre-local, /sbin/ifup-local, etc.

But I agree that other suggestions you've gotten here are better.

-- Roger

--
Roger H. Goun                  Brentwood Country Animal Hospital, P.C.
Chief Kennel Officer           Exeter, New Hampshire, USA