Hello. Is anyone there?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Jul 8 12:29:08 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jul 8th 2003 at 12:06 -0400, quoth bscott at ntisys.com:

=>On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, at 11:56am, steveo at syslang.net wrote:
=>> So it looks like we have two problems. One is that I am really not getting
=>> the mail sent to me.
=>
=>  Are you sure it is not your spam filtering that is/was blocking said mail?
=>Have you tried unsubscribing/resubscribing now that you've made exceptions
=>for GNHLUG/CodeMeta in your spam filtering?
=>
=>> Two is that somehow gnhlug.org got put onto the spammers list. easynet
=>> really is my best RBL and I'm not willing to not use them.
=>
=>  GNHLUG is not responsible for your spam filtering.

First off, I neglected to apologize for the snafu in my last message. Yes
it really was my spam filtering that was causing the problem.

But I really do think that it's somewhat important to find out why easynet
thinks that gnhlug.org is a spammer? I doubt that it's the case, but have
we checked that we are not a relay (or never were). Whatever the reason
is, we really should track it down and prove to them that we are worthy of
not being blocked. If the reason turns out to be bad *then* we can condemn
easynet.

Footnote: I do use a fairly carefully selected set of RBLs. (If anyone
wants them just let me know.) And yes on rare occasions I can run into a
small snafu with them. (One time I used a new rbl and it shut off all
clients of uunet.) But in my RBL experience blackholes.easynet.nl is *the*
most productive RBL out there. I reject the majority of real spam every
day just from this.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
steveo at syslang.net