OT: Help with computer config

numberwhun at comcast.net numberwhun at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 13:27:06 EDT 2003

Hello everyone!  My appologies for the OT post, but I am having a small amount
of trouble with my new Linux box.  I just built the machine ( it is an AMD
Athlon XP 1700, 1.47ghz).  My problem is, when it boots, it registers the
following on the main screen:

         Unknown Processor  ( 1.100 ghz )

The problem is, it is not recognizing my processor and the 'ghz' is definately
off.  I have an MSI K7TTurbo - Socket A motherboard.  I am just wondering, since
it has been so very long since I built a computer, if anyone knows what is wrong
that the processor is not recognized?   Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!!
I have Linux installed and running, no problem, but I would really like it to
see the processor.

Regards,

Jeff Kirkland