OT: Help with computer config

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Jul 8 16:09:48 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, at 7:32pm, numberwhun at comcast.net wrote:
> I was actually looking at this, but wasn't really sure how to go about
> figuring out how to set the clock multiplier.  Can anyone give some
> further insight on setting this?

  It is dependent entirely on the motherboard.  Check with the OEM and get a
manual.

  But first, do as others have suggested, and check for a firmware update.
The processor identification code in BIOSes is often unaware of newer
processors, and an update is needed to fix that.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>