Errr! DSL is here, DSL is gone.

Bill Mullen moon at lunarhub.com
Tue Jul 15 03:00:59 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 bscott at ntisys.com wrote:

>   FWIW, it should also be possible to have the firewall fix-up script
> invoked automatically when the "dhcpcd" daemon sees the new IP address.
> It is supposed to be able to invoke an external program when that
> happens.  I've never tried it, though.

It works, too. On RH/Mandrake systems (at least), you just name the script
/etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-<interface>.exe, and it will run whenever dhcpcd gets a
new IP address on <interface>. I use it to update my system's "A record"
on ZoneEdit's DNS servers, and then mail me my new IP address.

--
Bill Mullen   moon at lunarhub.com   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people