Graphics blips

Erik Price erikprice at mac.com
Wed Jul 16 00:57:45 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 10:32  PM, Mark Komarinski wrote:

> This is a real hard problem to describe, but it's really annoying. It
> seems to happen with only HTML code that I write.
>
> Take a look at http://www.wayga.org/~mkomarinski/julie.php
>
> Take a look between the images, in the lower right hand corner outside
> the
> border.
>
> See a little blue dash?

It's an underline from the hyperlink (anchor tag) wrapping the image
tag.  I'm not sure why it appears, but it might be due to the newline
occurring within the anchor tag.  The easiest way to get rid of it is
to define a simple style rule in your <head> section declaring that
anchor tags should not have an underline:

<head>
   <title>Mark Komarinski's Pictures</title>
     a { text-decoration: none; }
</head>

That should fix it (untested).

Erik