vim and Red Hat 9

Steven Knight steven.knight at unh.edu
Fri Jul 18 12:09:45 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 10:56, Derek Martin wrote:

> Anyone using vim to edit C code on a Red Hat 9 system?  I'm finding
> that the C-style auto-indenting has ceased to function, requiring me
> to manually indent.  Anyone else seeing this?

The issue is that auto-indenting is not enabled unless you turn it on.
You'll need to add to your .vimrc file ( or create this file )

set autoindent

You can find even more information about vim's indenting abilities with:

:help C-indenting

Steven Knight  steven.knight at unh.edu   IM : skkataim

and tho' We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

-- Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson