[gnhlug-announce] Books for review and door prizes

Rob Lembree lembree at jumpshift.com
Fri Jul 18 12:44:29 EDT 2003

I've just received another box of books from O'Reilly:

	Python in a Nutshell
	Linux Server Hacks
	Learning Perl Objects, References & Modules
	Linux Security Cookbook
	Python Cookbook
	Google Hacks

O'Reilly's asked that if we could find some reviewers,
that they'd like reviews written on the books they give
us.  While they don't require us to do that, they'd
appreciate it.

What I'd like to do is to find good reviewers for these
books, and then use the books as door prizes at future
meetings, after the reviewer's done with them.  This
lets us give something back to O'Reilly, who's always
been generous with the LUG, and also lets at least two
people in the LUG benefit from the book.

Anyone wanting to review one of these books let me know.
I'll leave it to you to figure out how to get the book
from and then back to me (or any GNHLUG meeting).  I'd
also ask that you share your review not only with
O'Reilly, but with the discuss mailing list as well.

I'll be bringing the books to the Quarterly meeting on
Wednesday.

Of course, if you already have one of these books, feel
free to send O'Reilly a review on your own.

regards,
rob

--
Rob Lembree <lembree at jumpshift.com>