Perl help

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Tue Jul 22 18:09:47 EDT 2003

Bob Bell <bbell at hp.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:13:03PM -0400, Kevin D. Clark <kclark at cetaceannetworks.com> wrote:
> > *3* Interesting fact of the day:  Using binary, it is possible to
> >     exactly represent some numbers that cannot be exactly represented
> >     in base-10.
>
> Can you name such a number?  This is un-intuitive to me, since 2 is
> a factor of 10.

I think I goofed: I didn't mean to write "base-2" above.  Instead I
meant to type "different base".

If the statement is amended this way, then I'm sure that I'm correct.

Damn.  I need some sleep.

--kevin
--
"I'm on the bike and I go into a rage -- I shriek for about five
 seconds, I shake like mad, my eyes kind of bulge, and I'd never quit.