Hardware "probe"

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Thu Jul 24 13:53:31 EDT 2003

I have a suspicion I'm about to flaunt my lack of knowledge wrt
hardware, but so be it.  8)

We have a server (code-energy.com in this case) that we haven't actually
physically been in front of for over a year and a half.  As such,
there's a couple of physical characteristics that we don't remember.
The particular thing(s) we are interested in are:

1) Does it have any pci slots?  (It's a 1 or 2 U system, so this is a
realistic question)

2) If so, are any of them free.

My question is this - is there a way to find this out remotely?  I tried
looking at the output of lspci, but honestly I don't know how to
interpret the output well enough to see if I can get the data I'm
looking for.

Any thoughts or ideas?

--
"Check out Snort. It sounds like a perfect match for you."
-Security Focus's "Security Basics" maillist

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com