Hardware

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Thu Jul 24 15:19:09 EDT 2003

> I have a suspicion I'm about to flaunt my lack of knowledge wrt
> hardware, but so be it.  8)
>
> We have a server (code-energy.com in this case) that we haven't actually
> physically been in front of for over a year and a half.  As such,
> there's a couple of physical characteristics that we don't remember.
> The particular thing(s) we are interested in are:
>
> 1) Does it have any pci slots?  (It's a 1 or 2 U system, so this is a
> realistic question)
>
> 2) If so, are any of them free.
>
> My question is this - is there a way to find this out remotely?  I tried
> looking at the output of lspci, but honestly I don't know how to
> interpret the output well enough to see if I can get the data I'm
> looking for.
>
> Any thoughts or ideas?

The one I use all the time is Joe Turgeon's "si",
http://siv.sourceforge.net/
I can't verify that its PCI output is readable enough for
your needs (I'm writing from Microsoft-Land), but it's one
of the things which is at least a quick look from almost
everyone.  It comes standard with Libranet, but there are
both .tgz and .deb downloads if you don't have it pre-installed.

HTH -
Bill