I need suggestions as to where to get a replacement laptop keyboard

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Thu Jul 31 08:51:15 EDT 2003

Derek Martin <gnhlug at sophic.org> writes:

> I have to agree.  I can't fathom why so many techies/coders make such
> comments...  How do you type
>
>   open( LOGFILE, O_RDWR | O_EXCL | O_CREAT | O_NONBLOCK | O_NOCTTY | O_SYNC | O_NOFOLLOW,
>   	S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR | S_IRGRP | S_IWGRP );
>
> without using CAPSLOCK?  Only painfully, I would think...

open( logfile, o_rdwr | o_excl | o_creat | o_nonblock | o_noctty | o_sync | o_nofollow,
   	s_irusr | s_iwusr | s_irgrp | s_iwgrp );
C-p C-a M-f

and then hold down the M-u key for a while.

I'll bet that my way is at least as fast as using the caps-lock key,
especially for Real World programming.

--kevin  (who never uses the caps-lock key, and who would die without
          xmodmap)

--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)