The lack of need for Caps-Lock (was laptop keyboard replacement)

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Thu Jul 31 09:58:51 EDT 2003

Bill Freeman <f at ke1g.mv.com> writes:

> 	Or, in this particular case, after typing the semicolon (or at least
> the close parenthesis):
>
>     C-@ C-M-B C-X C-U
>
> 	You may have to follow this with a space (or a "Y" or a "!") if
> C-X C-U is in its default disabled state.

Oh, right, this is even better!

> 	So I guess that what we're saying is that people who don't use
> emacs need Caps-Lock, because their editors are toys?  (For the humor
> impaired: :^) )

(-:  I guess that the vi folks could use "%" and "~".  But I like
the emacs M-l, M-u, and M-c keys a lot better than vi's "~" key.

BTW, as a side comment:  I like emacs, and I respect the fact that
other people like different editors.  For me, it isn't so important
that people use a certain editor, but it is important that they learn
how to use it *well*.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)