I need suggestions as to where to get a replacement laptop keyboard

Erik Price eprice at ptc.com
Thu Jul 31 15:42:17 EDT 2003

Richard Soule wrote:
> Jeff Kinz wrote:
>
>>>http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/professional.htm
>>
>>   $350.
>>
>>First time I've seen a keyboard more expensive than a computer!  :-)
>

> Only $239 for the essential which has the same layout and almost the
> same features:

I never realized they had a cheaper version (though I never really
looked hard either).  That's great!  I would save up and it would be my
next "big purchase" -- if they offered USB.  :(  My main machine is an
iBook, and doesn't have a PS/2 port.  Though maybe there's an
adaptor.... this keyboard combined with a laptop stand to bring the
screen closer to my face would be *perfect*.  Thanks for pointing it out.

> Just my perspective... I'm sure other folks will have different ones.

No, you know what? I totally agree with what you just said.  I would
rather have a decent keyboard (even at such a steep price [$239 is a lot
to me]), since it's my primary means of communicating to the computer.
Of course, I'd carry it back and forth to work every day to get the most
bang for my buck.  Make a shoulder strap for it and everything, so I can
look like an Elven Decker....

Erik