I need suggestions as to where to get a replacement laptop keyboard

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Thu Jul 31 17:38:20 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:47:10AM -0700, Richard Soule wrote:
> To me there are three different places where you interact with your
> computer directly:
>
> The monitor, the keyboard, and sometimes the mouse.
>
> 'Overspending' in these areas is ALWAYS worth the money.
>
> Many people go out and buy that 'dream machine' with the super fast
> processor, the super duper video card, spend $200 extra to get the
> 800MHz system bus, etc. But then they hook up a $29 keyboard and a $15
> mouse, or even worse one of those 'natural keyboards' that bends your
> hands into totally unnatural positions.

Ah - Good to hear.  I always looked at those things and said "Wha...?"
Natural for who?

> To me the keyboard is the MOST important area where you interact with
> your computer, the monitor is second (but very close) and the mouse is a
> distant third.
>
> Least important: Processor speed, ram, DVDs, video cards, etc.

Especially now - with the computing portions being so cheap, it makes
sense to invest more in the the parts you have to actually use,
the monitor and keyboard.  (Almost all of my wrist/hand pain went away
when I started doing all my programming under Linux/UNIX again. -
almost no mousing! hmmmmmm.   )

Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz at kinz.org
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an
acceptance of the offer at http://www.kinz.org/policy.html.
Don't forget to change your password often.