Dynamic apache config

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Jun 4 15:46:00 EDT 2003

Jason Stephenson wrote:

> Besides, most people pick lousy passphrases anyway. That's why I wrote
> my own passphrase generator to spit out random gibbersish such as
> (actual program output):
>
> jason at casanova:~$ pgen
> 8T(U[TcY
> jason at casanova:~$ pgen 12
>  mp{6$}9:_+\
> jason at casanova:~$ pgen 24
> EQ;WcpgHbT\8pxJD.h_mOwe:
> jason at casanova:~$
>
> Note that the first character of the 12-character passphrase is a blank
> space.
>
> Trouble with that is, you have to write them down or store them in a
> database, which just means there's one more thing you have to worry
> about guarding/losing.
>
> OK, so I veered off topic, but that's not unusual for me, or for this
> list. :-)

To veer more....

gpg is good for storing all those passwords in a file.  Anyone got a
good editing/viewing script?

I've been happy using strip on my pilot.  It's a GPL'd app that keeps
everything encrypted on the pilot using AES.  You need a password to get
in.  You have to enter it when you turn the pilot on or switch from
another app.