Bandwidth Bog down ?

Ray Cote rgacote at AppropriateSolutions.com
Thu Jun 5 17:32:34 EDT 2003

At 4:16 PM -0700 6/5/03, jim wrote:
>(1.5/128K) going into a Linksys router.
It may well be the router.
I know that, when running from the inside of a LinkSys router and
accessing the Web, that the LinkSys has a limited number of ports on
which it will maintain sessions. If you have a very busy system (or
you have external sites making many connections -- and each image
could be a separate connection) then the LinkSys simply runs out of
ports and you have to wait for one of the previously used ports to
'time out' before it is free again.

My understanding is that there's a software upgrade that can help the
issue though you still will never be doing general web serving using
the LinkSys (at least to my understanding).
--Ray

--

Raymond Cote
Appropriate Solutions, Inc.