Palm/Linux Database

Erik Price eprice at ptc.com
Fri Jun 6 15:03:02 EDT 2003

cinnur at attbi.com wrote:
> I would like to find an application(s) that would allow me to produce a database
> (s) for personal use, and to be able to access it from my Linux system, as well
> as some way to access it from my Palm Pilot.
>
> Anyone know of any such software available?

I don't know of any way to connect the Palm to a database in realtime as
an interactive database client.  However, if you run a quality database
like PostgreSQL* or MySQL on your linux box, you can export the data in
any kind of format and then access the data on your palm.  For instance,
plain text, or HTML (presumably there are web browsers for PalmOS that
can render HTML tables).

Erik

* I have just started playing with Postgres (I used to use MySQL
exclusively) and I must say it is a really nice database, from the
application developer perspective.