Small footprint linux

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Mon Jun 23 09:58:43 EDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, at 9:21am, jason at sigio.com wrote:
> Can you even get a working X in under 32 MB these days?

  There are "minimal" implementations of X designed for embedded systems.
I believe some will fit in a 32 MB filesystem.  My knowledge stops there.

  Idea: The OP followed up that RAM is "virtually unlimited".  Given that,
use a large RAM disk, compress the filesystem heavily, and store the
compressed image on the flash.  You should be able to obtain quite a gain
that way.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>