Detecting root kits?

brian lists at karas.net
Mon Jun 23 10:21:10 EDT 2003

FWIW, I've also found a lot of rootkits hidden in the /home and games
directories on various systems.  For starters, I'd also compare the
sizes of your various utils, like top, ls, more, etc to known good
utils.  If you can mount the infected disk on another clean server as RO
to analyze it, that would also make diagnosis easier.

--
brian <lists at karas.net>