Palm sync with linux

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Jun 24 08:25:56 EDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, at 8:09am, mcostolo at yahoo.com wrote:
> I seem to recall that the design of the Compaq handheld more naturally
> lent it to Linux implementation for one reason or another.

  The iPaq's have a "real" processor, with a MMU (Memory Management Unit).
Most Palm's (excepting the newer "PalmOS 5.0" units) all use Motorola
Dragonball microprocessors, which lack memory management.  Thus, "ucLinux"
lacks a lot of the features that one would expect in "Linux".

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>