The National DO-NOT-CALL list is ACTIVE!!!

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Fri Jun 27 16:09:09 EDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, at 5:41pm, numberwhun at attbi.com wrote:
> I just thought that everyone would like to know that the National
> Do-Not-Call list is now accepting registrations at the following website:
>
>      http://donotcall.gov/

  Yes, and ISPs the world over are pissed, as the domain donotcall.gov
originally had no MX records, and yet they still sent out email as part of
the sign-up process.  This caused no end of havoc and aggravation.  There is
an MX record now, but the host specified does not appear to be responding.

  People have also raised the concern that the system might easily be duped
into mailbombing people.  Apparently, the contractor who configured the
system doesn't have any experience with this kind of application.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>