SANE homepage

Jeffry Smith jsmith at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jun 28 10:19:39 EDT 2003

at the last MerriLUG meeting, I was talking to someone about scanners and
printers.  I couldn't remember the locations of the SANE and HP printer sites,
but I knew I had them bookmarked, so here they are:

SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy): http://www.mostang.com/sane/
HP OfficeJet Printers (note that this includes multi-function printers, some
of which are actually multi-function on Linux, courtesy of HP!):  http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/
HP Inkjet Printers:  http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/
HP Laserjet Printers:  http://hp.sourceforge.net/

HP's being really good, releasing all their drivers open-source (BSD-style),
and providing support.  I recently purchased an HP 450ci printer for my
laptop, because HP officially supports it on Linux, vs the Canon i70, my other
option.  Canon, alas, still does not really recognize Linux.

jeff