oo code in PHP5

Erik Price erikprice at mac.com
Mon Jun 30 14:45:48 EDT 2003

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 10:17  PM, Greg Rundlett wrote:

> It features a new Zend Engine 2, with a
> slew of object-oriented features previously unavailable in PHP.  In
> effect,
> the object-oriented features were completely overhauled, however
> backward
> compatibility was maintained.

Pretty cool.  It seems that PHP5 will have the OO convenience of Python
but the same built-in web programming conveniences that have existed in
PHP all along.

I wonder if this means that they will start to make the PHP standard
library more OO-like too (like Python or Java's standard libraries),
for instance the numerous PHP functions that currently return arrays of
data will now return proper objects.

Erik